April 20, 2010

Precedents/Zoning Studies

This week I have looked at the zoning, the correct one, and some precedents. Really I was just looking for some options for layouts but I came across SMR Architects from Washington state. http://www.smrarchitects.com/?p=artist_live_work
This image is of their Hiwatha project. It was a 60% income artist live work project with 60 units. They also have some really interesting Affordable projects on their site.








I am working on images showing the difference of a FAR of 3 to a FAR of 3.25
sk

2 comments:

Nicholas Chelko said...

Scott, Now that I am looking at these images on my screen, first of all they are great, and I think the differences between them may read better if you just took off the facade element(just show the floor plates and roof plates)?

s.kasper said...

Thanks I will try it tonight, and post a couple tries.